Friday, November 12, 2010

What are the benefits of this system?

|posted today 12th November 2010|kevin bedward|byitsizepro.co.uk


We often hear the leaders of rich countries telling poor countries that aid and loans will only be given when they show they are stamping out corruption...makes me think about the Pot and Kettle analogy. I get it,...I have to stop myself from thinking that the person begging me for money, based on their appearance, is only going to use it to buy booze or drugs or simply just fritter away my hard earned money on some selfish indulgence. But my grip is that the largest forms of corruption in those poor countries, and towards those in need, happen to stem from policies and governments. Corruption in developing countries definitely must be high on the priority lists, but so too must it be on the priority lists of rich countries. 


In the past year the advice from the IMF (International Monetary Fund) to nations such as my homeland Jamaica, on currency, tax and banking policies have suffered over $200 billion in loan losses as they continue with the notion that one country's wealth is achieved at the expense of another's and fuelling each government to what we see happen...governments discouraging importing and encouraging exports. Me me me..mine. hmmm..I'm going to keep my byitsize blogs to a minimum, but I won't stop trying to understand just how we as a people have managed to stray so far from unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment