Sunday, November 14, 2010

Haye, what did you think about Fraudly Harrison?

|posted by fight fan Kevin Bedward of byitsizepro.co.uk
You could hear the crowd at Manchester's MEN Arena booing from whatever part of the world you lived, during, at the heavyweights after a tame opening two rounds. The sell-out crowd had witnessed two uneventful rounds with barely a punch thrown before the younger man exploded into life in the third. Haye had hoped to retire this year as undisputed champion but negotiations with WBC champion Vitali Klitschko and IBF/WBO king Wladimir Klitschko are at a stalemate. It wasn't as if we weren't warned..many boxing fans like myself felt before Saturday that the fight wouldn't live up to expectations.Referee Luis Pabon called a halt but Harrison, who landed just ONE punch in the fight, complained he was not given a chance to recover. Bizarrely, he moaned: "The ref was premature to end the fight.
"I definitely started a bit slow as my plan was to take David to the deep end - but he landed one on me and caught me. And while many commentators and website reviews that I've already read reckon Harrison is now finished, he still believes he may have a future. He said: "My mission is not complete, my goals not realised.
....what's your view?



No comments:

Post a Comment